Time of Walk: 12:00 PM
Temperature: Room (Outside it was 11° F/felt like -1°F)
On the headphones:
- Kings of Leon
- Mumford & Sons
- Arcade Fire
- Bombay Bicycle Club
- The Naked and Famous
- Newtown (my new favorite Bluegrass band–just to mix things up)
I figured I’d end up on the treadmill today. It was just too cold to be outside for very long. I made the most of it though:
- pushing myself more than usual in both speed and distance
- answering two pressing emails while I was walking (This multi-tasking, thumb-typing challenge distracted me for quite awhile!)
- people-watching (I especially enjoyed the attractive 70-ish woman who spent 5 minutes each on several different machines, taking her large Coach bag each step of the way instead of storing it in a locker. I had to wonder if she was there just to meet men. She just looked too nice to actually be there to work out.)
- listening to my “Alt-Mom” music (my son calls it this because it’s not edgy enough, or something like that, to be true Alternative Rock), trying to remember to not sing aloud.
Good day, good walk.